Visa regime applicable to nationals of a State in which the Agreement on Mobility between the Member States of the Community of Portuguese-Speaking Countries signed in Luanda on 17 July 2021 is in force (CPLP Agreement)



  • National Visa application filled and duly signed by applicant (For minors and incapacitated, forms should be signed the legal guardian);
  • 2 Photos, even, passport type, recent and in good condition to identify the applicant (1 for this form);
  • Passport or other travel document, valid for 3 months after the estimated date of return. Photocopy of passport (biographical data);
  • Proof of regular status, if you are of a nationality other than that of the country where you are applying for a visa, valid for more than the date of expiry of the visa you are applying for;
  • Criminal record certificate, issued by the competent authority of the country of the applicant’s nationality or of the country where the applicant has resided for over a year (except for applicants under sixteen), with the Hague Apostille (If applicable) or legalised;
  • Proof of financial resources, as defined by decree of the competent government members; (*)



CPLP citizens are exempt from presenting means of subsistence upon presentation of

  • Proof of means of subsistence can be made by submitting a term of responsibility signed by the host entity for interns or workers, as well as by the organization responsible for student exchange or volunteer programs; or,
  • Term of responsibility with a recognized signature, signed by a Portuguese citizen or qualified foreign citizen, with a residence document in Portugal, which guarantees food and accommodation for the visa applicant, as well as the replacement of removal costs, in case of irregular stay.

Proof of the financial capacity of the signer of the disclaimer may be requested.


Applicants admitted to a higher education institution are not required to present means of subsistence.



  • When minors are not travelling with both parents, or are travelling with a third person, a travel authorization of one or both parents respectively, is required, or a court order;
  • Copy of the parent’s identity card. 


Specific information about JOB SEEKER VISA

  • Share